City Council Meeting Changes due to COVID-19
CORONAVIRUS DISEASE (COVID-19) ADVISORY
To protect our constituents, City officials, and City staff, the City requests all members of the public to follow the California Department of Health Services’ guidance and the County of Kern Public Health Officer Order for the Control of COVID-19 restricting group events and gatherings and maintaining social distancing. Additional information regarding COVID-19 is available on the City’s website at www.ci.wasco.ca.us
Consistent with Executive Order N-29-20, in-person participation by the public will not be permitted, and no physical location from which the public may observe the meeting will be available. Remote public participation is allowed in the following ways; please see attached supplement for instructions.
IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING APRIL 21, 2020 COUNCIL MEETING
This meeting is being conducted utilizing teleconferencing and electronic means consistent with Executive Order N-29-20, Issued by Governor Gavin Newsom on March 17, 2020, and, to the extent applicable, Government Code Section 54953(b) in-person participation by the public will not be permitted. No physical location from which the public may observe the meeting will be available. Remote public participation is allowed in the following ways via Zoom Meeting; please see the instruction below:
How to access the meeting:
- Dial number 1- 669-900-9128
- Enter Meeting ID: 826 2772 5526
How to submit Public Comment:
- All participants will be muted on entry.
- To provide public comment during the designated period, you must press *9 on your keypad to raise or lower hand.
- Please be advised you will be called on by the phone number you are calling from.
- Speakers are limited to two (2) minutes.
- You can also submit your comments via email to firstname.lastname@example.org such email comments must be identified by adding the Agenda Item Number in the subject line of the email. Every effort will be made to read your comment into the record; however, they are limited to two (2) minutes. If a comment is received after the agenda item is heard but before the meeting is adjourned, the comment will still be included as a part of the record of the meeting but will not be read into the record.
*Please Note – This process will be a learning curve for all, please be patient.
American Disability Act Accommodations:
Any member of the public who needs accommodations should email the City Clerk at email@example.com or by calling 661-758-7203 and leaving a message. We will use our best efforts to provide reasonable accommodations to provide as much accessibility as possible while also maintaining public safety in accordance with the City procedure for resolving reasonable accommodation requests.