Community Development: Response to COVID - 19
Update - May 20, 2020
Our office has made some changes to services. Please click on the following link to get details Department Update - 5/20/2020
May 05, 2020
Notice to all local businesses
- If you have questions or concerns regarding Kern County’s response to COVID 19 or the status of the Governor’s Shelter in Place Order and how it impacts your business, please contact the Kern County Health Department at (661) 321-3000, or visit their website at https://kernpublichealth.com/2019-novel-coronavirus/
Resources for Businesses Impacted by COVID-19, click below...
Community Development Department
- Issuing new permits beginning April 20, 2020, online. Click here to be redirected on our website.
- Building inspection services for all projects with open permits will be provided on Tuesday and Thursday, but with appointment only.
- To schedule an inspection on a Tuesday, please call Rafael Villareal at 661-699-9463 by no later than 5:00pm the Monday before you wish to schedule your inspection. Please leave your name, and the address and permit number of the job being inspected on his voicemail. You will not receive a confirmation call.
- To schedule an inspection on a Thursday, please call Marlo Glaser at 661-758-7225 by no later than 5:00pm the Wednesday before you wish to schedule your inspection. Please leave your name, and the address and permit number of the job being inspected on his voicemail. You will not receive a confirmation call.
Code Compliance Department
- To submit a Code Compliance Concern, please click here https://public.mygov.us/wasco_ca/templates?module=rm
- To contact the Department, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or call 661-758-7213