For information regarding 2022 elections, please contact the City Clerk at
(661) 758 - 7215
The office of the City Clerk is dedicated to serving the residents of Wasco and the City Council by facilitating transparency, openness, fairness, and community participation, while professionally managing the requirements for record keeping and elections.
The City Clerk serves as the liaison between the public and City Council, who provides related municipal services. Responsibilities of the City Clerk include (but are not limited to):
- Accepts subpoenas
- Administer Oath of Office
- Assembles and prepares agendas
- Attest, publish and/or post ordinances and resolutions
- Conducting City boards and commissions recruitments
- Conducting the City’s elections - Local Official for elections
- Ensures transparency in the official roles of the Office
- Ensuring compliance with the Political Reform Act (Financial Disclosure and Ethics), The Ralph M. Brown Act (Open Meetings) and Californian Public Records Act (Open Records)
- Maintains a list of appointments (Maddy Act)
- Performs administrative task to ensure compliance with various state and local codes.
- Preserves official City records (ex. Ordinances, Resolutions, and, or, Agreements)
- Processes claims and lawsuits
- Records and maintains City Council meeting proceedings
- Serves as Clerk of the Council
- Serving as a support office to the City Council and City staff
Appointment of Position
The City Clerk is elected to a four-year term.