Notice of District 4 City Council Vacancy
The City of Wasco is seeking applications for District 4 City Councilmember. Pursuant to Government Code Sections 1752 and 36512, when a vacancy occurs the Wasco City Council will appoint an individual to serve as Councilmember. The appointment term shall begin immediately upon appointment and end with the qualification of a winning candidate following the November 2022 general election.
Click HERE for more information.
The office of the City Clerk is dedicated to serving the residents of Wasco and the City Council by facilitating transparency, openness, fairness, and community participation, while professionally managing the requirements for record keeping and elections.
The City Clerk serves as the liaison between the public and City Council, who provides related municipal services. Responsibilities of the City Clerk include (but are not limited to):
- Accepts subpoenas
- Administer Oath of Office
- Assembles and prepares agendas
- Attest, publish and/or post ordinances and resolutions
- Conducting City boards and commissions recruitments
- Conducting the City’s elections - Local Official for elections
- Ensures transparency in the official roles of the Office
- Ensuring compliance with the Political Reform Act (Financial Disclosure and Ethics), The Ralph M. Brown Act (Open Meetings) and Californian Public Records Act (Open Records)
- Maintains a list of appointments (Maddy Act)
- Performs administrative task to ensure compliance with various state and local codes.
- Preserves official City records (ex. Ordinances, Resolutions, and, or, Agreements)
- Processes claims and lawsuits
- Records and maintains City Council meeting proceedings
- Serves as Clerk of the Council
- Serving as a support office to the City Council and City staff
Appointment of Position
The City Clerk is elected to a four-year term.