The Building Division has the following responsibilities:
- Assists the Planning and Code Enforcement Divisions with related land use and building code enforcement matters.
- Assists the public by providing information related to building and construction requirements within the City.
- Conducts inspections of new construction projects.
- Determines whether a building is safe for human occupation when health and safety hazards are determined to exist in a building.
- Ensures compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in all construction.
- Oversees the building plan check process
- Processes building permit applications.
- Smoke and Carbon Alarm Certification Form (PDF)
- 2019 Building Code Update Frequently Asked Questions (PDF)
- Building Department Inspection Policy (PDF)
- City Adopted Building Code Standards (PDF)
- Owner Builder-Property Owners Package (PDF)
- Permitting Software User Instructions (PDF)
- Solar Permit Checklist (PDF)
- Title 24 - Window Permit (PDF)
- Construction Permit Declaration (PDF)
- Title 24 - HVAC Permit (PDF)
- Title 24 - Roof Permit (PDF)
- Title 24- Water Heater Permit (PDF)
- Residential Fencing Brochure 2022 (pdf)